November 24, 2020 4 min read
If you’ve ever wondered what it takes to create a lean, muscular, and shredded body then we’ve got great news...
Getting shredded isn’t that complicated!
Here is the definition of shredded in the context of physical fitness and health:
Shredded. adjective: (synonym: ripped) Having strong, well-developed muscles that can be seen through the skin, and little body fat.
Although there are many that would like you to believe otherwise, it only takes a few simple steps repeated each day and you too can have a body that looks like it’s chiseled from granite with a 6-pack you can shred cheese on.
And with the right tools and the right mindset it’s a lot closer than you think!
So if you’re looking to get shredded fast and stay shredded forever, keep reading, because this…
And the best part about this guide? These strategies work for both men and women alike. So let's get started...
1. Your mindset is crucial to your success. If you think something is going to be hard then it will be hard. But if you think it will be easy then it will be easy. Of course there will be challenges and plateaus, but that’s all part of the process and where you will learn the most about yourself.
2. Develop laser like focus. You are about to enter a realm of that many people can’t fathom. Don’t let them project their lack of confidence in themselves onto you. When you look back in 90-days and see your progress you will fully grasp the kind of focus it takes to be in the best shape of your life, forever.
3. Get quality sleep. This is the key to all of your health and fitness goals, because without sleep your body does not repair itself properly. It does not matter how much you ‘diet’ or how hard you train if you’re not sleeping 6 to 8 hours each night.
There is a big misconception that you can ‘make up’ for lost sleep, but you can’t and you will feel the effects for days. This is non-negotiable.
4. Wake up early. You can accomplish more than 99% of the people on the planet simply by waking up an hour earlier each day. Use this time to focus on yourself. Don’t touch your phone during this hour. This will do wonders for your confidence too.
5. Focus on your nutrition. You cannot outwork a bad diet. Ever. And if you want to get shredded fast you’ll need to burn more calories each day than you’re eating, aka being in a calorie deficit. Focus on eating real food and cut out refined sugars and ultra-processed food-like products as much as you possibly can.
Eating a balanced diet of whole foods each and every day is the best way to not only get shredded fast but also stay healthy for years to come. The easy way to get started is to write down what you eat for 10 days to a week to get a baseline of how many calories you eat and from where those calories are coming from.
There are a number of apps that can track the nutrition information for you so that you don't have to add up the calories and macros using a pen, paper, and calculator.
6. Take time off. Your progress actually happens when you’re not working out, so recovery days are important. An easy rule to follow is 3 steps forward, one step back. That’s to say, 3 weeks of intense training followed by a de-load week to help your strength and muscle gains solidify.
7. Squats, deadlifts, bench press, military press, and pull-ups. Lift heavy weight, because lifting heavy weight builds muscle, and the more muscle your body has the calories your body will burn in a 24-hour period.
And these compound lifts can make a big impact on your strength and your fat loss, because the stronger you are, the more weight you can lift, and the more weight you can lift, the more muscle you can build. The more muscle you build the more calories your body will burn throughout the day.
8. Walk it out. In the world of health and fitness where people tend to fall for the shiny object syndrome, what often gets lost in translation are the basics, like walking.
But the fact is walking is one of the best things you can do to trigger your body’s natural fat burning capabilities. It’s great to do any day of the week and especially on recovery days.
Want to make your walk a little tougher and burn even more calories? Instead of ‘doing cardio’ at the gym, load up a backpack with some weight and go ruck. It works for the military and it will work for you too. And the best part? Rucking is not only a fat torcher, it’s also in incredible strength builder too.
9. HIIT it hard. At least once every week. And keep it short, under 30 minutes, because short intense burst of exercise are proven to torch fat in less time.
10. Consistency is key. And it goes for everything listed above. Day in, day out, consistency is the only way you get shredded and be in the best shape of your life.
That's a great question, and only one that you can answer, because each person is unique in their approach and their lifestyles. However, it's not uncommon for people to lose 50 or more pounds in just 90 days and completely revolutionize their physique.
Yes! But they aren’t a ‘fix-all’. Which means they cannot help you outwork a bad diet and they aren’t going to torch fat from your body if you just lay on the couch!
You still have to do the work, but its not that difficult. It just takes commitment to yourself to be better than you were yesterday.
However, when combined with quality sleep, plenty of exercise, and proper nutrition fat burning supplements can be a useful tool to help you get shredded quicker than you ever thought possible.
If you've been led to believe that achieving the body you've always wanted is out of reach, you can rest assured you're not alone.
But the fact is with focus and discipline and learning how your body responds to training, sleep, and nutrition, it's much closer than you ever imagined.