5 Daily Things You Can Do To Put On Muscle Mass
How do I get big?
It's probably the most common question everybody has when it comes to weight training and bodybuilding. (that and ’how do I eat what I want and stay ripped?’ which we’ll discuss in another post)
And since you want to get big, we thought we’d help you out.
But we should warn you…
…the answer may not be what you’d expect.
It’s actually pretty simple.
It’s not easy. But it’s simple.
Here’s our best advice: If you want to get big you need to get comfortable being uncomfortable.
Here’s a cheat sheet for reference, just follow these 5 easy steps:
Step 1: Eat. A LOT. Focus on high-quality calories. More is better.
- YOU CANNOT OUTWORK A BAD DIET.
- Be disciplined. Eat 6 times a day (every 2.5 hours) on a set schedule.
- The volume of food may be difficult to adjust to but that’s what it takes to get big.
- That means you may have to set an alarm to get up in the middle of the night to ensure you’re getting enough calories to fulfill your goals.
- Don’t eat processed sh*t, fast food, and sugar. If you need help to kick sugar cravings, click here.
Step 2: Make your training a priority and commit to the process.
- The best routine is one you’ll stick to. Consistency, variety, and form are key.
- Focus on time under tension.
- Depending on how big you want to get you could be training twice a day.
- Create a routine that allows you enough time to train, rest, work and do everything else you need to be a normal human being.
Step 3: Focus on your post-workout nutrition.
- Eat within 30 minutes of your training window to optimize your routine and growth.
- Remember, timing is everything.
- You may also want to incorporate a potent recovery drink to maximize all that you do in the gym.
Step 4: Rest.
- Here’s the kicker. You actually don’t get stronger in the gym crushing weights, in fact, you actually get weaker.
- Rest is where you get strong.
- Rest is where your body makes all of the repairs necessary to get up and do it all again tomorrow.
Step 5: Repeat.
- We told you it was simple.
- Now get to work.