CrossFit has grown greatly in popularity in the last few years. One of the reasons why it has been recognized and appreciated by so many is because it is a great way to meet new people and be part of a community of like-minded individuals.
Across the U.S. these new found friends are coming together to form CrossFit teams to compete against other nearby CrossFit locations in order to challenge their strength and endurance in what is known as the CrossFit Games. Preparing for the Crossfit Games is one thing, but coming up with a great team name is another.
Your team name is the first thing your competitors are going to hear, so you want to take the time to come up with something that really packs a punch, or you may prefer to make your competition laugh to bring some laughs to the heated competition.
Maybe you want your team name to be inspiring. Whichever path you decided to take, here are 5 of our top tips for coming up with a team name:
1. Consider things you and your teammates have in common. For example, if you all appreciate a good pun, maybe you incorporate one into your team name. If you are a group of “tough guys,” maybe keep the team name “Bro” related.
2. Keep your team name short. If your team name is too long, it will be hard for your competitors to remember your name. Not to mention, a long team name can make for a mess on the leaderboards too if it takes up too much space.
3. For inspiration, think of things you and your team have accomplished together. Incorporate your hardwork and all that you have overcome as a team. This is a great way to keep your spirits high on competition day.
4. When in doubt, go with something funny. Everyone loves a good laugh, especially when participating in intense competitions. A funny team name helps break the ice and lift the mood. This also shows your competitors that you and your team members are not just there to win, you are there to have fun too!
5. If all else fails, there are plenty of team name generators you can utilize to come up with endless ideas. Simply do a quick Google search for a name generator and you will be well on your way to the end of your brainstorming session.
With that being said, we have come up with some ideas for you to save you the trouble of brainstorming for days, even though you can really never have too many days in a row having fun with some of your closest friends.
To get started with our list of 101 CrossFit team name ideas, let’s start with some that will get you laughing. Seriously, some of this will get you laughing out loud.
In case none of those tickled your fancy, and because we are feeling generous, here are some bonus names that we feel are worthy of noting.
Now that you’ve done the work and decided on a team name that is “just so you guys,” what is there to do next? If you feel you are ready to do what it takes to be crowned some of the fittest men and women of the world, the next thing you need to do is sign up for the CrossFit Games.
All you have to do is visit the CrossFit Games website, log into your account, answer some simple questions and complete the registration steps provided to finish signing up. Once you have registered to participate in the Open, it's time to start preparing, both mentally and physically.
The CrossFit Open is designed to put your mindset and your body to the ultimate test. For this reason, you need to properly prepare your physical body and your mind. Here are some tips to prevent mistakes and help you get ready to win!
1. Eat The Right Foods: When it comes to training, your exercise routine is very important. However, so is your nutrition and diet. If you are not giving your body what it needs to recover, you are only doing your body harm. For this reason, it is important that you stick to your diet plan. No excuses.
2. Get Good Sleep: We know getting a goodnight’s rest is easier said than done, but just like your eating habits, lack of sleep can hurt your performance and endurance, which you need a lot of to compete in the games. Set up your schedule to allow for 7-8 hours of sleep per night, especially the night before the event!
3. Warm-ups and Cooldowns: Another big part of recovery is doing whatever you can to ensure your muscles can heal and recover properly. Allowing your muscles to warm up before a workout by doing some jumping jacks or high knees as well as giving them a good stretch after you’ve completed your exercise will go a long way towards your recovery.
4. Prevent Injury: By performing all of the aforementioned tips, you will be taking the steps necessary to prevent injury. A common side effect of strength training and other common CrossFit exercises can be severe injury and we all know you can’t train very well when the order has prescribed a couple weeks bed rest to heal your injury that would have been easily prevented.
5. Improve Mobility: Work on improving your range of motion. If there is one thing previous CrossFit Open’s have taught us is that the challenges that are selected will definitely test your mobility. By increasing your mobility, you are improving your chances of being able to perform at your highest ability.
6. Build Up Cardio: Another way to increase how long you can perform at your highest ability is to build up your aerobic capacity so that you can perform better for a longer period of time and train your body to pace itself better. This is a time when quantity over quality matters.
7. Ignore The Time: Watching the clock while performing any exercise, especially the strenuous, slow-moving movements typically chosen for the CrossFit Games, only makes it harder for you to accomplish your set. Instead, train yourself to focus on your breath and your hustle. Having control of your mind is what will get you through it, not wasting your time watching the clock move so slow it seems it may be going backward.
8. Take Your Protein: Ensure your body has enough protein is vital. Protein is used to heal the muscles. If you lack protein, your body will not be able to recover fully which can lead to serious injury and a major lack of endurance. A great way to add protein to your diet is using a whey protein powder.
9. Take It Easy: Don’t overdo it. This is another way to increase your chance of injury. Additionally, you are going to want to save up your energy for the last couple seconds of your workouts during the competition. This does not mean you should stop attending your CrossFit sessions, but make sure to maintain your intensity so you can be ready for the competition.
10. Improve Where You Lack: This may seem like an obvious one, but we recommend taking the time to do your research on the previous CrossFit Games to see what type of challenges they typically use and work on anything that you know you can perform to the best of your ability. If you are having a tough time, seek out a coach to work on your technique and form.
In all seriousness, at the end of the day it does not matter what the team name is so long as you have fun while doing it. However, taking the time to come up with a great team name is all part of the fun. You can choose to be funny, badass, inspiring, or focused on the ladies only.
Regardless of the name you choose, make sure you are having the best time of your life. So tell us, what is your team name going to be?